Sunday 14 July 2013

A place to read

Recently I have found it difficult to read. I start a book, get about 20 pages in and put it back down again. I have a pile of books by my bed which is steadily growing with each new purchase from Waterstones. I look at them everyday and simply can't choose. I think it may be the same problem as having a massive pile of chocolate and all you want is a pack of Harribo...or is that just me? Or perhaps more likely I have fallen into the old traps and forgotten The Rights of the Reader. I feel the pressure of thousands of unread pages judging me.

 

see how they loom!





Anyway I feel quite the hypocrite writing a blog about reading without a single book to my name, so tonight before I go to bed I shall pick a book at random from the pile and read for the pure pleasure of it. Come next week you will have a review. The weather is perfect and I barely have any work on so it will be ideal to while the hours away reading, that is, if I remember how. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment